Designed with the professionals in mind, expand shooting possibilities and cover a vast range of scenarios in astounding quality with the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR’s powerful performance
SINGAPORE – A fast and lightweight telephoto zoom lens that realises new shooting possibilities with superb operability and reliability, the new AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR, is unveiled today by Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd. Even as a zoom lens, it achieves the high-resolution equivalent of a prime 300mm lens, delivering superior optical performance and quality.
Capture the action alongside the raw emotions of the athletes and the game even at a distance, from a close-up of a gymnast’s floor routine to a wider shot of volleyball players running down the court. With its focal-length coverage from 120 to 300 mm1, zoom in and out for a flexible capture of a wide variety of scenes with a single lens from closeup shots to wide shots with an instant switch of the angle of view instead of changing lenses.
“The AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR is the ultimate lens for sports and event photography. In the midst of an action, you don’t want to miss the perfect shot. The lens’s maximum aperture of f/2.8 across the entire zoom range allows for the usage of higher shutter speeds so that you will be able to capture sharp images with minimal camera shake even in dimmed condition. Beautiful bokeh is also achievable across the entire zoom range with its bright maximum aperture. Some wildlife and bird photographers may also find these features very useful when photographing them in their natural habitat,” from Reiji Miyagi, General Manager of International Business Division, Imaging Group, Nikon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
The lens is employed with the newly developed Short-wavelength Refractive (SR) lens element, a Nikon original high- and specialized-dispersion glass to achieve depiction with effectively suppressed colour bleeding and minimal chromatic aberration. To reliably support sports and wildlife photography, the lens also features a powerful vibration reduction (VR) function and superb autofocus (AF) performance equivalent to that of prime telephoto lenses. When VR [SPORT] mode is employed, it enables easy tracking of quickly and erratically moving subjects, making it ideal particularly for shooting sports scenes.
Experience superior agility and operability with this carefully designed lens that is built for professionals. Its intuitive controls such as the smooth rotation of the zoom ring, memory set button, focus function button, and its common operability with Nikon’s latest telephoto lenses, allows one to operate the lens with ease so that you are ready to photograph the fleeting moments.
Get in on the action no matter where you are. Weighing at approximately 3250g, the lens also features the application of the fluorine coat that effectively repels dust or dirt for easy removal even if it adheres to the lens surface. For a stress-free shooting experience over extended periods in various unpredictable environments, this telephoto lens is designed with anti-dust, anti-drip and anti-fouling capabilities.
The AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR provides:
• A high reproduction ratio across the zoom range with a constant minimum focus of 2 meters and a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.16x.
• Sharp and clear images with reduced ghost and flare with the use of ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat that realises ultra-low reflectance across the entire visible light range.
• Noteworthy chromatic aberration compensation for sharp and stunning outputs thanks to the Nikon’s original SR lens technology. Highly precise chromatic aberration compensation is realised by controlling the short-wavelength light that is usually difficult to compensate. This allows lights of various specific wavelengths to be effectively collected and thus, suppresses any colour bleeding. With the SR lens element, the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR also attains a flexible optical design that enables the lens build to be more compact and lighter without compromising image quality.
• Smooth and continuous shots with its VR function that delivers reliable and steady images with an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.0 stops2.
• Great AF performance even for unpredictable action movements as a more accurate subject tracking based on AF detection results and improved tracking performance of moving objects are realised with an enhanced AF servo drive control and a higher-speed inversion of the AF drive.
1 When attached to a DX-format camera, the angle of view is equivalent to that of a 180-450 mm lens in 35mm format.
2 Based on CIPA Standard; in NORMAL mode; this value is achieved when attached to a digital SLR camera equipped with 35mm film size image sensor. Measured at maximum telephoto position.
For more information on the new AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR, and other Nikon products, please visit http://nikon-asia.com.
NIKKOR is Nikon's brand of photographic lenses. The NIKKOR name arose from adding "r", a common practice in the naming of photographic lenses at the time the name was established, to "Nikko", the Romanized abbreviation for Nippon Kogaku K.K., the original name used when the company was established. In November 2018, Nikon announced its milestone achievement of 110 million in total production of NIKKOR lenses for Nikon interchangeable lens cameras.
Every photographer has a story to tell. Enter a world shaped by the creative vision and expression of Nikon photographers. Visit MY NIKKOR (mynikkor.com) to be inspired by their passion and adventures and let NIKKOR connect you with the culture of photography.
Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the latest mirrorless cameras in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://nikon-asia.com. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NikonAsia and on Instagram at www.instagram.com/NikonAsia.